正文

Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fy away.

And yellow leaves of autumn,which have no songs,futter and fall there with a sign.

夏日迷失的鸟群来到我窗前歌唱然后飞走。

秋天枯黄的叶子,无歌,一声叹息,在此飘落。

O troupe of little vagrants of the world,leave your footprints in my words.

哦,世上小小的流浪者的队伍,请把你们的足迹留在我的文字里。

Te world puts of its mask of vastness to its lover.

It becomes small as one song,as one kiss of the eternal.

世界摘下巨大的面具面对它的爱人。

它变小如一首歌,如一次永恒的吻。

It is the tears of the earth that keep her smiles in bloom.

它是在花朵里含笑的大地的眼泪。

Te mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and fies away.

无垠的沙漠为一叶绿草的爱情而燃烧,她摇摇头笑着飞走。

If you shed tears when you miss the sun,you also miss the stars.

如果你在失去太阳时垂泪,你也将失去群星。

Te sands in your way beg for your song and your movement,dancing water.

Will you carry the burden of their lameness?

舞动的流水,你征途上的泥沙在乞求你的歌声你的运动。

你可愿带上他们这些跛足者一起前行?

Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.

她渴望的脸庞萦绕着我的梦境仿佛夜雨。

Once we dreamt that we were strangers.

We wake up to fnd that we were dear to each other.

曾经我们梦见我们形同陌路。

醒来才发现我们相亲相爱。

Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.

悲伤在我心里缄默成和平仿佛寂静的林中之夜。

Some unseen fngers,like an idle breeze,are playing upon my heart the music of the ripples.

一些看不见的手指,好似懒洋洋的微风,在我心上弹奏出音乐的涟漪。

“What language is thine,O sea?”

“Te language of eternal question.”

“What language is thy answer,O sky?”

“Te language of eternal silence.”

“哦,大海,什么是你的语言?”

“永恒的诘问。”

“哦,天空,什么是你的回答?”

“不朽的沉默。”

Listen,my heart,to the whispers of the world with which it makes love to you.

我的心,快听,大地对你示爱的低语。

Te mystery of creation is like the darkness of night——it is great.

Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of the morning.

创造的神秘仿佛夜晚的黑暗——伟大。知识的错觉好似早晨的迷雾。

Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.

不要因其高而让你的爱情坐在悬崖上。

I sit at my window this morning where the world like a passer-by stops for a moment,nods to me and goes.

这个早晨我坐在我的窗前,世界好像一个过路人——走来,停下片刻,向我点头然后离去。

Tese little thoughts are the rustle of leaves;

they have their whisper of joy in my mind.

这些小小的思想是树叶的沙沙;在我心里快乐地呢喃。

What you are you do not see,what you see is your shadow.

你看不见你,你看见的是你的影子。

My wishes are fools,they shout across thy songs,my Master.

Let me but listen.

神啊,我的心愿都是傻瓜,它们喧嚣着穿过你的歌声。

让我谛听。

I cannot choose the best.

Te best chooses me.

我无法选择最好的。

最好的会选择我。

Tey throw their shadows before them who carry their lantern on their back.

他们将自己的影子投射在身前,那些背负灯笼的人们。

Tat I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life.

我存在于世,是永恒的生命的惊喜。

“We,the rustling leaves,have a voice that answers the storms,but who are you so silent?”

“I am a mere fower.”

“我们,沙沙作响的树叶,拥有声音回答风雨,而你是谁,如此沉默?”

“我是一朵花。”

Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to the eyes.

休息属于工作就好比眼睑属于眼睛。

Man is a born child,his power is the power of growth.

人类是一个新生儿,他的力量是生长的力量。

God expects answers for the fowers he sends us,not for the sun and the earth.

神期待回报,为他馈赠我们花朵,而非为他给了我们太阳和大地。

Te light that plays,like a naked child,among the green leaves happily knows not that man can lie.

像个赤条条的孩子在绿叶间嬉戏的光明,不知道人类会撒谎。

O beauty,fnd thyself in love,not in the fattery of thy mirror.

哦,美,在爱中找到自我吧,别陷在镜子的谄媚里。

My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon it her signature in tears with the words,“I love thee.”

我的心将她的浪冲撞在世界的海岸上并用含泪的词语在上面写下她的题记:“我爱你。”

“Moon,for what do you wait?”

“To salute the sun for whom I must make way.”

“月亮,你在等待什么?”

“向我必须让路的太阳致敬。”

Te trees come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.

树木攀升至我窗前,仿佛哑巴大地发出渴求之声。

His own mornings are new surprises to God.

对神而言,他自己的早晨也无比新奇。

Life fnds its wealth by the claims of the world,and its worth by the claims of love.

生命通过世界的需要找到它的财富,通过爱情的需要找到它的价值。

Te dry river-bed fnds no thanks for its past.

干枯的河床不感谢它的过去。

Te bird wishes it were a cloud.

Te cloud wishes it were a bird.

鸟愿为云。

云想作鸟。

Te waterfall sings,“I fnd my song,when I fnd my freedom.”

瀑布高唱道:“我找到自由时,我便找到了我的歌。”

I cannot tell why this heart languishes in silence.

It is for small needs it never asks,or knows or remembers.

我无法告诉你这颗心为何默默憔悴。

它是因为永不说出,或永不知晓,或永不记得的小小需要。

Woman,when you move about in your household service your limbs sing like a hill stream among its pebbles.

女人,在干家务活时,你的手臂在唱歌,仿佛鹅卵石缝间的涓涓小溪。

Te sun goes to cross the Western sea,leaving its last salutation to the East.

太阳越过西方的海洋,将其最后的敬礼留给东方。

Do not blame your food because you have no appetite.

不要因你毫无胃口而去责怪你的食物。

Te trees,like the longings of the earth,stand a-tiptoe to peep at the heaven.

树木,仿佛大地的憧憬,踮起脚尖窥望天空。

You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.

你微微一笑,对我无言,我感觉为此我已经等待良久。

Te fsh in the water is silent,the animal on the earth is noisy,the bird in the air is singing.

But Man has in him the silence of the sea,the noise of the earth and the music of the air.

水里的鱼儿默默无语,地上的走兽聒噪喧嚣,空中的飞鸟高声欢唱。

然而在人类心灵深处却有着大海的沉默、大地的喧嚣和天空的音乐。

Te world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart making the music of sadness.

世界跃过迟钝的琴弦,奏出忧伤的音乐。

He has made his weapons his gods.

When his weapons win he is defeated himself.

他将他的兵器当做他的神。

兵器取胜时他打败了自己。

God fnds himself by creating.

神通过创造找寻到自我。

Shadow,with her veil drawn,follows light in secret meekness,with her silent steps of love.

影子,蒙着她的面纱,隐秘温顺地追随光明,踏着寂静无声的爱的步履。

Te stars are not afraid to appear like frefies.

群星不惮以萤火虫的形象现身。

I thank thee that I am none of the wheels of power but I am one with the living creatures that are crushed by it.

我感谢你,让我不是权力之轮的一只,而是与被其碾碎的生灵同在的一个人。

Te mind,sharp but not broad,sticks at every point but does not move.

精神,锋利而非宽阔,执著于每一点而不游移。

Your idol is shattered in the dust to prove that God's dust is greater than your idol.

你的偶像破碎在凡尘之中,证明神的圣土比你的偶像伟大。

Man does not reveal himself in his history,he struggles up through it.

人类不能在其历史中揭示自身,他只有挣扎不息地穿越它。

While the glass lamp rebukes the earthen for calling it cousin,the moon rises,and the glass lamp,with a bland smile,calls her,——“My dear,dear sister.”

当玻璃灯训斥屋瓦称它表哥时,月上东山,玻璃灯带着一丝温婉的微笑,叫她——“我亲爱的,亲爱的姐姐。”

Like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.

Te seagulls fy of,the waves roll away and we depart.

就像海鸥与海浪那样,我们相遇,彼此走近。

海鸥飞走,海浪退去,我们远离。

My day is done,and I am like a boat drawn on the beach,listening to the dance-music of the tide in the evening.

我日子已尽,仿佛海滩上一叶小舟,谛听着晚潮手舞足蹈的音乐。

Life is given to us,we earn it by giving it.

生命被赐予了我们,我们通过给予而赢得它。

We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.

当我们大谦卑,我们便最接近于伟大。

Te sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.

麻雀为孔雀尾巴上的负担而惋惜。

Never be afraid of the moments——thus sings the voice of the everlasting.

从来不怕紧要关头——永恒之声如此歌唱。

Te hurricane seeks the shortest road by the no-road,and suddenly ends its search in the Nowhere.

飓风在无路之侧找寻最短的路,然后突然在乌有之乡结束了它的寻找。

Take my wine in my own cup,friend.

It loses its wreath of foam when poured into that of others.

饮我杯中酒,朋友。

一倒进他人杯中,它便失去了泡沫的花环。

Te Perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.

完美还在用美丽装饰自身,为了不完美的爱情。

God says to man,“I heal you therefore I hurt,love you therefore punish.”

神对人言:“我救你所以伤害你,爱你所以惩罚你。”

Tank the fame for its light,but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.

感谢火焰,因其光明,但别忘记怀着持久的耐心站在阴影里的掌灯人。

Tiny grass,your steps are small,but you possess the earth under your tread.

小草,你的脚步虽小,但却拥有你踩出的大地。

Te infant fower opens its bud and cries,“Dear World,please do not fade.”

蓓蕾初开的小花哭喊道:“亲爱的世界,请不要凋谢。”

God grows weary of great kingdoms,but never of little fowers.

上一章
下一章

读书导航